Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Never say Never

I learned a long time ago not to put limits on God. One would think that I would not have to constantly be reminded of just how awesome our God is, but I do. Let me explain. A few years ago when I moved to Nashville, I was talking with a friend of mine describing the "perfect" guy that I would fall in love with. He WAS NOT going to be a teacher because I needed someone who was going to make a little more money than teachers do, he would have to be tall because I could NEVER date someone SHORTER than me. I didn't think I could ever date someone who had been MARRIED BEFORE much less already HAVE CHILDREN. When I got finished giving God my list, he showed me His plan....

Darin and I met in August, 2004 on our first day of school. He had been teaching for a few years and it was my first year at Lebanon High School. A mutual friend introduced us and we became instant friends. I knew that there was no way things would become anything more than just friends because 1) he was shorter than me and 2) he had been married and had 3 children. Isn't God funny? Four years later, we are happily married. Darin has become my best friend and his children are beautiful and wonderful. Sometimes I look at my life and think how crazy it is at how everything has worked out. I can't imagine my life without him and his children. I have gone from being single to a family of 5. Life is crazy at the Plumlee house, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I want to use this blog to keep everyone posted on what is going on in our lives. And believe me...it's a lot!! Darin and I are so excited to see what God has in store for us in our journey together. It's going to be a roller coaster ride...so hold on!!

3 comments:

MC Hammer, DJ Jazzy Jeff and EDT said...

Kate-You are doing a great job on your first couple of blog postings! I am way impressed! I am struggling just a bit because i don't know what to say..i just put pictures. Anyway, you should also check out my mom's blog. From our blog, it's the blog named LUV MY Pictures. She's so silly and it will probably be nothing but pictures of the important and cute as everything grandchildren. I can't believe that mom will be a grandmother of FOUR in December. (Andrew & Camille are having a girl in Dec.) Anyway, i will definitely be checking your blog quite frequently! Love ya! MC <>< PS-You looked beautiful on your wedding day..i am so sad i missed it!!

HP said...

Um...Yay! I'm so glad that I discovered your blog. Welcome to the blogosphere! I thought of you the other day in my class because we had to share a learning experience that changed our views and I thought about Mexico which of course led me to think about you coming to the airport and then it just made me miss you so much! Can't wait to keep up with you. Off to link your blog to mine!

Josh and Donna said...

hey kate! great blog, you were a lovely bride!