Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ok. I am really terrible at blogging...and I don't even have a good excuse for it. I check other people's blogs daily. I could blame it on the fact that my friend Heather is so stinkin (and yes, that is a word in Tennessee!!) good at this that I feel very intimidated at posting anything. Seriously, she's good.

However, I've decided that enough is enough. I wanted to update everyone on what is going on up here in Nashville.

Let's see. School is going well. We are 8 weeks into the first semester. Our school district is pretty cool in that every nine weeks we get two weeks off. So October 6-17 we will be relaxing. We have lots of things planned though, including a trip home to Georgia!! I am so excited. It seems like it's been forever since I've been home last and it will be great to see everyone, even if it is for a short while.

Darin coaches football, so our Friday nights are spent at different football fields. I love it. They take high school football very seriously up here. Complete with tailgates for every home game and everything. Unfortunately we lost the first three games by a combined 8 points. However, last week we turned our streak around and won our homecoming game.

Erin and Austin are doing so good in school. Both had (almost) all A's on their progress reports. Tennessee is different in that an A is valued at a 93-100 not 90 - 100. A 90 is considered a B. I would have had a terrible GPA if I had grown up here in Tennessee!! Erin loves high school and Austin is having lots of fun in 4th grade. He is playing on his own football team and looks so cute...I mean tough...in his football uniform. Gavin is still Gavin. He is so cute and into everything. All three are excited about the trip to Georgia in two weeks. It will be the first time I've traveled with the three by myself. Unfortunately Darin will have football practice and will be unable to come with us. I'm sure he's sad about having the house to himself for a few days.

Well, that's about it for us. I will post pics from GA when we get back!!

3 comments:

HP said...

Hooray for the update! I check your blog only all the time. And please look at my blog in the beginning. I went for months without blogging and was suprised that I even remembered the password. Granted if I had fun things like a husband and kiddos running around to keep me occupied I would probably blog a lot less. Um...ps, I just realized that you got a modified version of my planned life. At least I know it went to someone I like. :)

MB Shaw said...

I, too have a blogging inferiority complex thanks to "Just Me". Don't worry- you're doing great and keep it up becuase you do have readers!!

Maggie said...

Readers like me, too. I enjoy reading your updates. Let's just all call Heather our blogging mentor.