Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I keep putting off writing because I don't have any pictures uploaded...and how boring is a post without pictures? Summer has kept us busy so far. We've enjoyed a trip to Gatlinburg with Darin's family two weeks ago. We went to dinner and a show and then to Dollywood one day. We got lucky since the weather was really nice and not too hot! Gavin even got to ride a (small) roller coaster! I think I screamed more than he did.

Then last weekend we headed down to Atlanta to be with my family for the 4th of July. We went to a Braves game on Thursday night. We had great seats and enjoyed getting the wave started. Seriously, we got the wave started. We're nuts! Friday the boys golfed and girls shopped. Shouldn't everyday be spent like that? We got in bed early since 6 of us were running the Peachtree Road Race Saturday morning. For those of you who aren't from Georgia, this is such a fun event! I kinda laugh everytime someone says "how did you finish?" I want to just say..."I finished and got the shirt." After all, isn't that why we participate anyway? Darin reached his goal and finished in under an hour (show off!!).

Other than traveling, we've been busy doing other things. Austin made the all-star team. His first tournament is this week and he's been practicing almost every night during the week. They won their first game Monday night but lost tonight. They have to win Thursday to advance to the next tournament.

Erin got her learner's license. Does anyone remember learning how to drive? I swear everytime she see's a car coming towards her we almost end up in the ditch! Last week she was driving and a dump truck was coming towards us in the other lane and I'm pretty sure when I looked at her, she had her eyes shut!! She's learning though...and she's excited! I just hope to survive...

I guess the biggest news of the summer is that we found out that there's going to be an addition to the family. Baby Plumlee is due February 19. This is truly an answer to prayer. After going through everything earlier this year, the doctor had told us that there was a chance that I might not ever be able to have a child. Not only that, he said that if we were wanting one, that we needed to get pregnant by the end of this year. No pressure there, right?! We prayed and decided that if it was meant to be, then it would happen. It's still early, but the doctor says everything looks fine so far. We would definitly appreciate any prayers you send our way!!

The kids are excited. We told Erin first. I was a little worried about her since the EXACT day I told Darin I was pregnant, Erin informed us that she did not want any other siblings since her two brothers already got on her nerves!! She didn't know we were pregnant at that point...talk about bad timing! I think she's ok with it now, although she wants another brother so she can be the only girl! :) Austin and Gavin are excited too. In fact, when we asked Gavin what we should name the baby, he said if it was a girl, we should name it Butterfly. If it's a boy, he had several choices. His first choice was Spiderman and then Hulk. But he said if we named it Hulk then it would come out green and mean. So, he decided on Slinky Dog (from Toy Story). So cute! It's actually a joke now with our families to ask how Slinky Dog is doing...

I promise next post, I'll post some pics of our adventures. We've had a great summer so far and only have 3 more weeks left until we go back to school! Time sure is flying. Will post pictures soon!!

11 comments:

Eric and Erin said...

Congrats on Baby Plumlee!!!!!!!!!! We are so excited for you guys. What a testimony about what God can do! ~Eric and Erin Miller

Angel said...

Congratulations! This is wonderful news. Might be a Valentine's baby! So sweet. I'll be thinking about you and praying for you and baby Slinky Dog. ;)

Kristin Brannan Wilson said...

Congratulations on the baby!!! I'm so happy for you and your family!! We really do need to get together sometime...we don't live that far from each other!!! Hmmmm...I wonder if he/she will have red hair? :)

Kristin & Kerry Wilson
kristin@allthingswilson.com

Ashley said...

CONGRATULATIONS! God is good!

Marie said...

I am so excited for you! I will be keeping you and my prayers for a beautiful and healthy baby!

Jamie said...

Congrats Kate!! That is so wonderful :)

The Tooles said...

Glad to hear you have a "Slinky Dog" on the way! I'm glad the other kids are excited too...they are old enough to help which is a definate perk=) Take care.

The Hudgins said...

if a girl, must be named "kim". as in melton. as in the best memories of your life.

ha!

HP said...

Hooray! This is such great and exciting news. I will definitely be praying for you and Slinky Dog in the coming weeks and months! Love-HP

Kelly said...

Kate!! Oh my goodness...congratulations!!! How exciting! I'm so glad to hear you didn't have any trouble! Can't wait for Baby Plumlee!

Syed said...

The outcomes are in for this normal weight reduction equation utilizing unadulterated natural fundamental oils. This natural fundamental oil equation is an ideal parity of smells for controling your hunger, and also soothing nourishment longings.

https://ideal-shops.com/