Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Resolution

Ok, one of my New Year's Resolutions is to update my blog more often. How pathetic is it that I haven't posted since Thanksgiving? It's like nothing has happened in my life and believe me...PLENTY of things are happening here!!

For starters, one of my sisters is moving to Tennessee! Jessica and Jeremy (and the two kiddos) will be moving up here January 18. They both got teaching jobs at the same school that I work at so they are up here this weekend looking for houses. I'm so thrilled, but I know that my family is sad back in Georgia. Jessica and Jeremy have two children, Jillian (4) and Jackson (2) who are spoiled rotten but we can't complain...we're the ones who spoil them!! So, today and tomorrow are devoted to finding them a place to live. I can't wait to have some of my own family up here with me!

Christmas was great at our house. The kids got lots of great presents. Erin got a shopping trip courtesy of Santa. Austin (finally) got his BB gun. The kid honestly hasn't put it down at all. I seriously think that he would sleep with it if we let him. Gavin got a spider man costume and runs around the house "shooting" us all with his "web." (This consists of him putting his hand out palm up with his first and fifth fingers out....along with a whooshing sound.) I will post pics next week of him doing this. It's hilarious!

We were able to go spend some time with my family in Georgia for a few days. We had a great time. We drove down the day after Christmas for Christmas with my immediate family. After dinner at Nakatos we went home and opened presents. I got a new jacket which I am loving...especially since last night it dropped to 27 degrees outside!! The kids loaded up again and Austin got "one of the best presents ever" (according to him...). Jessica and Jeremy gave him a Falcon's shirt and my uncle gave him a ticket to the last home game of the season. You would have thought he was given a million dollars. I seriously thought the kid was going to cry. So on Sunday morning, Austin and my Uncle Mike loaded up the truck and headed to the Georgia Dome. He hasn't stopped talking about the game since. It was a great Christmas all around. We are so lucky to be blessed with such a great family!!

We only have one more day off before we head back to school on Monday. I have enjoyed my time off but am ready to get back and finish up this school year. We're all going on a cruise for spring break so I'm really looking forward to that!!

Like I said before, I promise to update more often. I'm hoping once a week but we will see how that goes! I hope you all have enjoyed some quality time with your families over the past few weeks. We are looking forward to all of the great things 2009 has in store for us...the good news is...if I can keep my resolution up...you guys will get to hear all about it! :)

Happy New Year!!!

1 comment:

Angel said...

hi, kate! i found your blog reading merideth's. i noticed that you have MY blog linked to yours! i'm so glad you're reading my blog! sometimes i feel alone in "mommy land"...and even though it's virtual, i like staying connected with friends. i'll create a link to your blog on mine, too.

happy to see that you are doing so well! keep up with this resolution whenver you can!
~angel~