Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring Break-Week Two

As I've mentioned before, we are very fortunate to teach in the county we do for one good reason...a two week spring break!! The first week was spent on that great cruise I mentioned before and the second was just as busy. The weekend we got back from the cruise Darin and I had to ourselves. I thought we would just lay around and relax (and get caught up on laundry) but we decided to head over to Bristol and try to get some tickets for the race. My friend Erin and her husband Casey were camping out so they let us crash at their place. We drove up there Saturday evening and camped out. It was so cold!! I thought the 4 of us were going to end up in the car. However, we toughed it out and had a great time. I don't know that much about racing, but Darin's a big fan of Tony Stewart. I'm learning to like it more and more. Here's some pics from the race.







On Tuesday, all of us went to the Nashville Preditors (Hockey) game. We had a great time. Austin won two tickets for meeting his reading goal at school and we bought 3 more tickets so that all of us could go. Of course, we had to make it a true outing and go out to eat downtown and everything. So, we get downtown and ask the kids where they would like to eat. Austin and Gavin start chanting "Hooters, Hooters..." I'm not even kidding. I'm thinking to myself...can kids even go in this place? Oh yeah...they love kids. So, the 5 of us go trotting inside. After informing the kids that this was where Darin and I went on our first date (long story) they decided that Hooters was not so cool anymore. We went to the Preds game and although I don't know that much about Hockey, it was an awesome game. It even went into overtime and we got to see a shoot out. I think that's what it's called. The kids had a great time and we enjoyed having some quality family time before the end of the break. Here's some pics from dinner and the game.














On that Thursday, I had another surgery to get rid of the cyst that had formed. Once they got in their, they realized that my other ovary was covered in endometriosis. So, unfortunately, they had to completely remove that ovary. However, I still have one good functioning side so we're still good!

You might not think that I would have a pic of my stay in the hospital. After all, it was outpatient and how much fun can one have? Well, I might not have been having any fun, but my husband, sister and brother-in-law sure were!! Let me explain that right across the street from the hospital is a Krispy Kreme Doughnut place. We use this as an excuse everytime we go downtown. So, while I'm asleep and having my insides torn out of me (not really...but it makes it more dramatic this way...) my loving family decides to LEAVE ME ALL ALONE AT THE HOSPITAL and take a hike over to Krispy Kreme's. (Again...being dramatic). Let me issue a disclaimer that I'm sure my own mother tried her best to not leave me alone at the hospital. I'm sure they bound and gagged her and forced her out against her will. Yeah, right. When I wake up (half drugged still...), Darin and Jeremy come over and put a hat on me and shoot this picture.




Oh well...at least they brought me back two!! :)

Seriously, I'm doing great and go back to the doctor on Friday just to be sure. We're back at school and although we're hoping for a snow day tomorrow (this April weather is NUTS!!)we're on the downhill slide for this year. Woo hoo!!!

1 comment:

The Tooles said...

Hey Kate! I was congratulating Maggie on her new little one and smiled when I saw you left a comment. Glad to see your doing well and love Nashville. Take care and I'll be in touch=)